Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and a Healthy Chef Salad Recipe
I’m a huge fan of local, organic eggs. They are SO good for you, so easy to digest, and a great source of nutrition. One thing I have always struggled with is hard boiled eggs. I love them on top of salads but I never seem to cook them right. I recently tried this method from Lauren Conrad and it worked like a charm!
- Start with a medium saucepan of cold water. Place eggs in a single layer on the bottom of the pot.
- Over medium heat, bring the water to a rolling boil. Once the water is boiling, remove the pan from heat.
- Allow the water to cool enough so that you can comfortably put your hand in the water and then transfer eggs into a large bowl of water with LOTS of ice and a pinch of sea salt. Let the eggs to cool for about 10 minutes. And voila—perfectly cooked eggs!
I used my HBE’s to make a delicious Chef Salad. You can use whatever toppings you like. Here’s what I used:
- salad greens – I used romaine hearts
- Shredded carrot
- handful of grape tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 radishes cut into small disks
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 sweet onion, caramelized
To carmelize your onion: in a saucepan over medium heat, place onion slices and a little bit of water and cook until brown, about 10 mins. I always add a dash of salt as it helps to bring out the sweetness. You’ll need to watch the onions, add more water when the pan gets dray and turn as needed. Cook them until they are brown and translucent. They add a punch of flavor to any dish!
In a large bowl, add your romaine lettuce and top with veggies of choice. I created a homemade healthier Ranch Dressing that was fantastic! Recipe coming soon!
That’s it! A very simple, easy recipe that tastes great! If you’ve got picky eaters or are entertaining, make a salad bar with various toppings so everyone can create a salad to their liking. This is a perfect (and fast!) lunch or dinner in the summer time heat, simply delicious!
Be sure to take advantage of my SUMMER SALE now through Wednesday, June 27th!!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper right hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!