Healthy Recipes for Fall
Fall can be a challenging time for many. With colder temperatures comes a natural desire for warming comfort foods…not always the best thing for the waistline.
One thing that I always try to relay to my clients is that you can make warm, comforting foods that are still delicious but also very healthy! Here are some of my favorites that feed the soul but still help keep you nice and slim, even through the holidays!!
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes: This recipe is thebomb.com – totally carb and gluten free and tastes better than the real thing!
- Ratatouille: This recipe is SO EASY and SO YUMMY!!! A super comforting dish that will satisfy even the biggest appetite! Serve it on top of the cauliflower mashed potatoes and prepare for a party in your mouth!
- Easy Roasted Veggies: This is a basic guide to roasting veggies. They taste delish, will make your house smell AMAZING, and go with anything! Make a couple big trays at the beginning of the week and enjoy them as a delicious side dish, on top of a salad, in a frittata, or all by themselves!
- Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs and Marinara: This is a total hit with kids, adults, and picky eaters. It’s delicious, comforting, and carb & gluten free. Make this. Do it. You won’t regret it!!
- Roasted Tomato Bisque: I am such a sucker for tomato soup! It immediately takes me back to my childhood. I can remember coming inside after a day of sledding and playing in the snow and my mom would make us tomato soup and grilled cheese; nothing more comforting than that!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: This healthy version needs no explanation. It’s delicious and warm and amazing. Enjoy!
- Healthier Broccoli Cheese Soup: Yes, you can make a healthier version of Broccoli Cheese Soup! It’s one of my favorites – totally delicious and very decadent!
- Stewp: Of all my soup recipes, this one is the biggest fan favorite!! My clients and readers always comment on how easy it is to make. It’s always delicious and filling. A great way to get tons of veggies while still satisfying the appetite!
- Healthy Apple Cider: This is one of my FAVORITE recipes! I was sipping on it last night while carving pumpkins! Tastes exactly like apple cider but it’s totally calorie free and sugar free!!!
- Spiced Pear Milk: This is a creamy, cinnamon-y, sweet drink that tastes like fall in a glass! If you’re in the mood, add some rum and turn it into a yummy adult beverage.
- Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie: All I can say is nom, nom, nom, nom….
- Cafe Mocha: this yummy coffee substitute tastes like a mocha but without all the fat and sugar!! A great way to start your morning!
I hope these yummy, healthy comfort foods help you survive the colder temps. It is still possible to stay lean all winter long! Have a favorite healthy comfort food? Please share in the comments section below!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper right hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!