Fall is definitely in the air and that means most of us are starting to crave heavier, denser comfort foods. Here are 21 of my favorite autumn inspired recipes that are healthy, filling, and great for weight loss!
1. Healthy Potato Leek Soup with Kale – this is comfort food at it’s finest!! It tastes totally naughty but is actually super nutritious and great for weight loss!
2. Spicy Asian Quinoa Bowl with Butternut Squash – So easy to make and great for satisfying unhealthy cravings for Chinese Takeout!!
3. Spaghetti Squash With Garlicky Kale – This recipe is so, so, so, so, so, soooooo good and super easy too!!
4. Stuffed Acorn Squash – Super yummy and super fun to eat right out of the squash! This will fill you up but won’t weigh you down 🙂
5. Carrot Fries! – These are just plain FUN!! Dip them in ketchup just like regular french fries!!
6. Roasted Veggies – It’s essential to always have prepared veggies on hand! These are super tasty and make a great snack, salad topping, or side dish!
7. STEWP! – This is one of my ALL-TIME favorite recipes. It is so easy to make, super filling and EXCELLENT for weight loss!! It’s my go-to for losing weight quickly, especially if you need to get ready for an event like a wedding or reunion. This is one of my most popular recipes and a MUST TRY!
8. Roasted Tomato Bisque – This soup is very low in calories (only 162 per serving!) but full of flavor. Hits the spot on a chilly autumn day.
9. Quinoa and Greens – A healthy, hearty vegetarian meal that’s packed with greens and protein. Great as a side dish or on it’s own. Enjoy!
10. Ratatouille – People always ask me for yummy veggie recipes. Most people *think* they don’t like veggies simply because they haven’t tasted veggies that are prepared properly. Plain broccoli anyone? I don’t think so! I love all of my veggie based meals because they are filling and DELICIOUS!! This recipe is one of my absolute favorites and I know it will become one of yours too.
11. Creamy Polenta With Stewed Tomatoes – If you’ve never tried polenta before, now is the time!!
12. Kale with Butternut Squash – Prepare your tastebuds for a party!! This meal is AMAAAAAZING!! I love making it for company because it tastes so gourmet!
13. Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Veggies – This is the absolute BEST tasting cauliflower mash! Even the pickiest eaters won’t be able to tell the difference!
14. Grilled Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Pistachio Pesto – I would describe this as the ultimate home cooked meal. It’s comforting and healthy and good for the soul!
15. Eggs in Purgatory – Spicy, fast, healthy, delicious!! A go-to easy weeknight meal!
16. Tortellini with Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomatoes – When done the right way, good quality pasta can be a really easy and healthy meal!
17. Healthy Broccoli Cheese Soup – One of my favorite things to eat in my past *unhealthy* life was Broccoli Cheese Soup. Preferably in a giant bread bowl from Panera!! Delicious, but not so great for the waistline…this one is a cleaned up version that you and your kiddos will love!
18. The Great Spinach Swap – I first heard about the spinach swap from my mentor, Natalia Rose and Lauren Conrad is also a big fan. It’s just as tasty and filling as the real thing, sans the bloat and carb-coma!
19. Chicken Tortilla Soup – this soup is tasty, satisfying, and great for weight loss! The best part is that you can use a crockpot to make it super simple!
20. Sugar Free Apple Cider – just as good as the real thing but without the sugar or the calories!! Delicious and warming anytime!
21. Cauliflower Crust Pizza – This recipe is AMAZING. Really, really amazing. It tastes just like regular pizza! I made it with a friend who regularly orders from Domino’s so I know if he likes it, you will too!!
I hope these 21 delicious recipes inspire you to stay healthy this fall!! Comfort foods can be healthy too!! If you are looking for more fast and healthy recipes be sure to check out my new ebook! It’s geared toward healthy kids but it’s a MUST HAVE for anyone looking for fast, easy recipes the whole family will love PLUS info on actually making it work with your busy lifestyle!! I’m offering it at a 30% discount so be sure to pick up your copy today!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!