Fabulous links to start your week off right!!
I spent the weekend at SXSW here in Austin. It was an amazing weekend with great friends, good food, and lots of incredible music! Now back to the work week. Sometimes it can be difficult to get back into the right head space after a long weekend so here are links galore to make space for motivation, inspiration, and personal education!
- Reassessing your diet: A long term vegetarian’s perspective on adding clean animal products back into the diet.
- TV is Heroine Crossed with Hypnosis “It’s highly addictive, makes us docile (without actually relaxing us), stresses us as if we’re experiencing what we’re seeing, makes it harder for us to concentrate and over time really does make us stupider.”
source: Seed Factory
- Some friends from college are doing amazing work in Africa. I loved this blog post about their most recent trip to Africa to distribute shoes. A very touching story and such a great cause. If you can, please support their efforts and make a donation.
- 12 Steps to Make a Dream a Reality “No fluff. No frills. No filler. Here are 12 fundamental steps for turning the dreams and ideas in your mind into realities in your life.”
- For all you amazing moms out there! How to Get Your Kids to Eat Healthy Foods
- Your Guide to the Sugary Axis of Evil and the harmful effects of artificial sweeteners. “Often, artificial sweeteners cause the body to respond in ways that oppose our original intention. If something is a potential neurotoxin and causes rats to grow ears on their toes, I sure as hell don’t want anything to do with it. No thank you, huge-junk-food-corporations-who-are-funding-their-own-scientific-studies. No. Thank. You.”
- My deepest desire for you is to THINK BIG today! REEEEEEEEALLLLYY big! Think a huge thought about how your life can be and then get busy growing into that thought.Think the biggest thought you can and STEP into it!
- 20 min Black Bean Soup for the soul.
- Working out with your best bud. Forget the Treadmill, Get a Dog
A huge part of being a healthy person is our mood. It is so important to take time for ourselves, to have gratitude, smile, laugh with friends, and have fun! If you’re feeling a little less than fantastic, there’s nothing like some great music to lift your spirits.
Here’s a little something to make you feel goooooood!
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Florence and the Machine, never gets old!!
Have a great Monday!!