Nothing says summer quite like watermelon. This watermelon gazpacho is quite literally like summertime in a bowl!
I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite raw food cookbooks, Raw Food Real World because I was so inspired by all the fresh local produce at the farmer’s market. I knew this was just the recipe to allow all the ingredients (and then some) to shine. This gazpacho is very, very easy to make and since it’s served chilled, it is perfect and refreshing on a hot day. You can have it alone with slices of avocado or serve as a starter or complement to a meal. Leftovers will make a great snack!
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, pureed in a blender
- 1 cup seedless watermelon diced small
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes, diced small, about 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 peeled, seeded cucumber, about 1/2 of one large cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 cobs of raw sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1/4 red onion, peeled, and diced fine
- 2 or more Tablespoons of lime juice, to taste
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced – alternately you could add several dashes of cayenne
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- large handful of cilantro cut fine as garnish
First blend your 3 cups watermelon until pureed. In a large bowl combine your watermelon puree with the diced watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, corn, onion, ginger, and jalapeno. Add lime juice, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Adding more of each as needed.
Refrigerate for about an hour and serve in well chilled with slices of avocado, finely cut cilantro, and fresh cracked pepper.
This soup is sweet, sour, spicy, and has a little kick! It’s an absolute party for your taste buds!! The best part is that there is no cooking involved. Simply chop your veggies and add your liquid and you’re done! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Also, I have a little favor to ask each of you! I NEED YOUR HELP!! I just found out I am a finalist in the Four Seasons Hotel “Capture Texas” photo contest. It’s a photo of me and my dog SUPing (stand up paddleboarding) on Town Lake on Mother’s Day. If you have the time I would SO APPRECIATE your support!! Please click here and scroll down to vote for my photo! You can vote once a day until July 15th. Thanks so much!!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!