One of the most common questions I get asked is, “what do you eat?” People always want to know what’s in my fridge, what I had for dinner, as a snack, you name it! So here is a look into what I’ve been eating lately. From top left to right:
- Honeydew Melon – I LOVE melons for breakfast in the summertime! I put them in the fridge the night before so they are nice and cold. Perfect light breakfast after a morning walk with my pup!
- Salad – Our local farmer’s market has the most amazing greens, especially arugula which I’ve been putting on everything! I am a very firm believer in throwing together whatever you have in the fridge. This one had local greens, sunflower sprouts, pistachio pesto, shredded carrots, roasted beets, cherry tomatoes, steamed broccoli, raw sweet corn, homemade pickled onions, pine nuts, and creamy avocado dressing. Delish!!
- Scrambled eggs with veggies – When I am super busy I typically turn to eggs for my meals. I always get local, organic eggs with bright orange yolks as they are the most nutritious! Eggs are also very fast and easy to make. Simply saute some veggies, add eggs and serve over a bed of greens. I also love frittatas and baked eggs, especially as a quick dinner meal.
- Watermelon – cut in half and eat with a spoon by the pool!!
- Green Juice & Noosa – Daily Greens here in Austin makes wonderful pre-made green drinks which I love to sip during the day. Green juices are an excellent source of minerals and a great way to keep cravings at bay. Green juice also gives you that GLOW!! I love my greens! I’ve also recently developed an obsession with Noosa Yogurt. It is seriously the most amazing yogurt I have ever tasted! You can get it at your local health food store. Checkout their website for distributors in your area.
- Avocado Toast – I am the QUEEEEEN of avo toast! This is fast food my way on a busy day! Simply toast some sprouted bread, smear with avo, a little salt & pepper and enjoy! If you are like me you can load yours up with sundried tomatoes and fresh arugula. I also love it with Bubbies sauerkraut on top – sounds strange but tastes amazing!! Trust me on this!
- Acai Bowls – nom nom nom….enough said!
- Infused Cocktails – It’s summertime, what better way to enjoy the lovely weather than with refreshing cocktails by the pool or a picnic with friends. It’s ok to let loose every now and again! Just make sure you are drinking in moderation and having clean cocktails! I love these infused cocktails because they pack a lot of flavor without the extra calories or sugar. Simply use a peeler to peel the outer skin of a grapefruit. You are going to use the skin only, not the white pith as that will make it bitter and not the actual meat of the grapefruit. Add your peels to a bottle of vodka and let sit refrigerated for at least 36 hrs. You’ll know it’s done when the smell of grapefruit overpowers the smell of the vodka. Then add your infused vodka to sparkling water, serve over ice and enjoy!! You can also infuse with lemon peels, orange peels, or chunks of pineapple!
I hope this gives you some yummy ideas for fast, easy, healthy and delicious meals, snacks, and cocktails this summer!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!