1. Increase your greens – Did you know that green leafy vegetables and regular vegetables are actually cleansing?! They are! We all know that they are healthy and contain lots of extra vitamins and minerals but they are also detoxifying. Greens and mineral dense foods naturally cleanse the body due to their rich fiber and water content. The more green leaves and vegetables you incorporate into your diet the better! Greens also help curb cravings so the next time a craving hits, try a green smoothie instead. I promise you will be amazed at how good it tastes, how satisfied you are, and how quickly those cravings vanish! You can also add more greens and veggies into your diet by making a lovely zucchini pasta, any one of these delicious salads, and yummy green juice!
2. Drink more – Most people are so used to being chronically dehydrated that they no longer recognize the body’s normal signals of thirst. According to Dr. Howard Flaks, a bariatric (obesity) specialist in Beverly Hills, California, “By not drinking enough water, many people incur excess body fat, poor muscle tone and size, decreased digestive efficiency and organ function, increased toxicity in the body, joint and muscle soreness and water retention.” When your body is not properly hydrated all of your organs have to work harder. When the body is working harder, you’re either feeling bad or getting fatter… kinda harsh, but unfortunately it’s true. Stay hydrated all day with a healthier iced tea, fresh squeezed juice, The Cellulite BusterLemon Ginger Detox Drink!
3. Sweat Daily – As a rule of thumb, it’s always a good idea to do something daily that makes you sweat. Sweating is an excellent form of detoxification. It stimulates your lymph glands, gets your blood pumping, and floods your body with feel good endorphins. Your sweat sesh can be anything from a brisk walk, a brutal workout, a run, a yoga class, dancing to great music, or just some good old fashioned house work!
- Try a home workout – Celebs like Heidi Klum, Maria Shriver and Emmy Rossum are all into the 60 min circuit workout. “It raises your heart rate and gives you a full-body workout without having to spend countless hours on the Stairmaster and lifting weights at the gym. Within the 60 minutes, you can burn anywhere between 600 and 800 calories.” All you need to do is “add these 5 moves into your regular routine two to three times a week for a workout that will ‘balance the body from head to toe.'” The best part, you can easily do it at home!
- Never Underestimate the calorie burning power of cleaning! I recently got a new vacuum and spent several hours deep cleaning my condo. I have a 55lb Australian Shepherd and a cat and both shed like it’s going out of style. I could literally vacuum every day and it would never be enough!! Besides using the FURminator (which is expensive but TOTALLY worth it if you have a dog or cat that sheds), a great vacuum is key. I was so stoked to get my new vacuum today. My last one bit the dust and for the past several days there have been fur balls floating around everywhere. I decided to get the Shark Professional Lift Away due to its great reviews from pet owners on Amazon. I was a tad skeptical since I have gone through about 4 different vacuums in as many years. I know people swear by the Dyson Animal Ball but I’m just not in the market to spend $500+ on a vacuum right now. I am however, really, really happy with my new Shark vacuum! For any of you that have shedding animals, this vacuum is awesome! Ok, I realize I went off on a tangent there…but I’m just so happy to finally have a vacuum that works! Back to the topic at hand: Staying on top of house work not only burns calories but at the end of the day, it’s so nice to have a nice clean home; whether it be clean laundry, windows, bathroom, etc. If you feel like you don’t have time/money to get to the gym, just grab your cleaning supplies and start scrubbing! You’ll get a great workout and have a sparkling clean home at the end of it = double win!!
4. Colon Cleansing – Speaking of cleaning…have you tried doing a Colon Cleanse? Mag07 it’s my absolute favorite! It’s gentle enough for daily use but also very effective as a 3-7 day cleanse once a month or every other month. Especially if you are not having regular daily BM’s, I HIGHLY recommend that you use Mag07 on a daily basis until you become regular. Remember that if you aren’t getting rid of it, it’s staying in the system and causing weight gain and other problems like headaches, skin issues, digestive issues, bloating, etc. Daily BM’s are extremely important! Make sure you always have a gentle cleanser like Mag07 on hand! You can purchase it here and use my discount code WAG472 to get $5 off your first order!
I hope these 5 steps help give you some easy, doable ideas to take your health and fitness goals to the next level. Remember that in the end, it’s all about feeling good. We all deserve to feel good and confident in our own skin. Yes, we do it for vanity but being healthy not only means that you look good, but that you feel good, have more energy, better moods, easier menstrual cycles, clearer smoother skin, better concentration, better sleep, less stress, and so much more. Looking good is just a lovely side effect of having a truly healthy body. Remember each day to do what is going to make you FEEL BEST. Take care of yourself, nurture yourself, and the weight loss will happen!
Interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coachinghere and here for details on how to get started.
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!