Juice Recipe for Energy

Wednesday, March 13th, 2013

Yummy juice recipe for ENERGY!! via Linda Wagner

So what’s the secret to making juices that give you energy? Use a wide variety of mineral dense fruits and veggies, the more, the better!! Remember to always add greens. Greens are good. This juice gave me energy ALL DAY, plus it was absolutely delicious!

The other secret weapon in this juice is beets! From NaturalNews: The health benefits of beet juice aren’t well known, but they are profound. Beet juice is best known as a blood purifier and blood builder that helps in the creation of red blood cells. Russian longevity researcher, Mikhail Tombak, Ph.D., tells us that beet juice improves blood structure and cures diseases of the circulatory system, large intestine, and digestive system. Tombak also shares that beet juice dissolves stones in the liver, kidneys and bladder. Not bad for a common item found in most grocery stores.

Researchers have found that a glass of beet juice each day beats high blood pressure – and according to the American Heart Association, one in three adults has high blood pressure. In the 1950′s, Dr. Ferenczi of Hungary had his cancer patients drink a quart of beet juice each day, which was effectively breaking down and eliminating tumors. Beets have been found to increase the body’s production of glutathione, which helps the body detoxify cancer-causing poisons.

Sherry Rogers, M.D. tells us that glutathione can grab onto hundreds of different kinds of environmental chemicals and pull them into the colon where they can be flushed down the toilet. However, if you’re depleted in glutathione this process won`t work for you. And that means many environmental chemicals will remain inside your body, causing what they so often cause: cancer and other health problems.

In studies, animals with chemically-induced high cholesterol were fed beet fiber. Compared to the control group, the beet fed animals experienced a total cholesterol drop of 30%, while their triglycerides dropped 40%. Essentially, the beets significantly dropped the animals` risk factor for cardiovascular disease. The animals’ HDL (beneficial cholesterol) also increased significantly, offering protective benefits.

Beets have also been found to increase the number of CD8 cells in the colon, which are cancer-destroying cells. Colon cancer is the third most diagnosed type of cancer in the U.S. and the third leading type of cancer related death. Sounds like quite a few people could benefit from drinking some more beet juice.

Yummy juice recipe for ENERGY!! via Linda Wagner

You’ll need:

• 4 beets (you can include the green tops too!)
  • 5 carrots
  • 2 heads romaine lettuce
  • 1 large handful parsley
  • 2 apples
  • 1 pint strawberries
  • 1 inch knob of ginger
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 grapefruit
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 tangerines
  • 1 large bunch of mint

Simply run all ingredients through a juicer (Breville is my favorite brand) serve over ice and enjoy! This recipe made a LOT of juice, over 64 ounces. If you want less juice, simply cut the recipe in half.  This juice is delicious and you’ll love the pretty pink color!

Yummy juice recipe for ENERGY!! via Linda Wagner

Looking for a fast easy detox plan? I’ve got everything you need to get started! Check out my step by step programs here.

Interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching with Linda? Click here and here for details on how to get started.

Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!

beets dairy-free detox gluten-free hot body juice juicing kid friendly news nutrition raw food real food recipes superfoods vegan vegetarian weight loss

22 Responses to “Juice Recipe for Energy”

1. Nicole March 13, 2013 at 7:01 pm #

Yum! This sounds amazing, I can’t wait to try it! I usually just juice everything that I have together haha, this morning it was beets, orange, apple, carrot, celery, and ginger. Thank you for the inspiration!

2. Helene Boucher March 13, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

I’m a rare type 2 diabetic that needs to gain weight. I weighs 114 but I’m thin. Any smoothies that can help me? It seems that all the smoothies recipes are made to lose weight. Help me!!! Thank you.

3. chloe.escobosa@yahoo.com March 13, 2013 at 8:41 pm #

Thank you Linda, I just made this and I love it I am missing the mint and cucumber but still very amazing! Thank you keep the posts coming I can’t wait to try them all! I just purchased the Juice Feasting book as well! Thank you for being such an inspiration!

• Jen April 27, 2013 at 11:20 pm #

Add any type of protein to help gain

• Linda January 13, 2014 at 5:04 pm #

Awesome Chloe! Sorry for my late reply, just seeing your comment! I hope your juice feasting went well!! xo
      Linda recently posted…Fat Flush Juice Recipe For Weight LossMy Profile

4. Sarah March 14, 2013 at 10:40 am #

How long will the juice stay fresh? Does it start losing nutriients quickly? Or can I make it Sunday and drink a glass each day?

• Linda January 13, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

The juice needs to be drank within 12 hrs so if you make a big batch in the AM, you have to finish by the end of the day :)
      Linda recently posted…Fat Flush Juice Recipe For Weight LossMy Profile

• Adam March 15, 2014 at 5:06 pm #

Sure some of the nutrients would break down , but could you not freeze portions and blend the frozen portion each day to make it easier?

• Linda March 17, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

sure, you could do that!

5. Melissa March 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

For the beet juice,do you boil the beets first to remove the skin, before juicing ?

6. Kaitlyn April 23, 2013 at 4:31 pm #

I was wondering if you have suggestions about subsititution of manadarins (my fiance is allergic to oranges (tangerines/mandarins included).

Thanks,
    Kaitlyn

7. Lara Darlington June 17, 2013 at 7:45 pm #

Thanks for the great article Linda! We featured your Beet Juice for Energy recipe in our Top Juice Recipes from Around the Web: http://www.timetocleanse.com/recipe-roundup-top-15-juice-recipes-from-around-the-web/

• Linda June 18, 2013 at 1:33 am #

awesome. thanks for sharing!!!

8. Alma February 8, 2014 at 1:03 am #

Love this juice but can i drink it after having a baby.

• Linda February 13, 2014 at 3:26 am #

Absolutely! The nutrients will be great for you!

1. The Best Juice Recipe for Energy Boost - March 30, 2013

[...] Juice Recipe for Energy Boost [...]

2. | Linda Wagner - May 3, 2013

[...] yummy, and packed with nutrition. I’ve talked about the health benefits of beets before, especially beet juice. Here’s a little refresher from care2.com on the many health benefits of [...]

3. Health Benefits of Beets | Linda Wagner - May 3, 2013

4. Healthy Juicing for energy | About Healthy Juicing - May 22, 2013

[...] Ref: http://lindawagner.net/blog/2013/03/juice-recipe-for-energy/index.html [...]

5. Make Yourself An Energy Boosting Juice Drink - Recipe - - January 1, 2014