This Blueberry Boost Smoothie is my secret weapon over cold & flu season. I love the vibrant purple color! Plus it’s delicious and so easy to make!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 bag frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbs Colostrum Powder
- 1/4 tsp Maca powder
- vanilla stevia to taste
- enough Almond Milk to blend, approx 1 cup
Simply blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. This will make about 16oz.
I use a VitaMix which is an amazing, state of the art, professional grade high speed blender. They are the ONLY blender that will get you the creamy consistency that you desire. I love, love, LOVE my VitaMix and highly recommend investing in one if you are ready to make serious changes to your diet. I have had mine for almost 5 years and use it daily! If you’re not ready to drop that kind of cash, I also like Hamilton BeachWalmart or Target.
Where to get your superfoods: you all know by now what I am going to say…I purchase most everything through iherb.com! They’ve got super low prices and fast, shipping – they ship to over 180 countries, including APO addresses! Feel free to use my discount code WAG472 to get $5 OFF your first order or $10 off your first order of $40 or more + free shipping on orders of $20 or more!!
This smoothie not only tastes really, REALLY good but it’s also packed with serious superfood nutrition. You won’t believe all the benefits. Let’s take a look at each ingredient individually:
- Healthy Kidney Function: About 190,000 cases of kidney cancer are diagnosed each year. Research published in the International Journal of Cancer has shown that daily consumption of whole fruits and vegetables, especially bananas, is highly protective to kidney health. The results show that, over a long time frame (13.4 years), women eating more than 2.5 servings of fruits and vegetable per day cut their risk of kidney cancer by 40%. Among the fruits, bananas were especially protective. Women eating bananas four to six times a week halved their risk of developing the disease compared to those who did not eat this fruit. The conclusion of the study is that frequent consumption of fruits and vegetables, especially bananas, cabbage and root vegetables, may reduce risk of kidney cancer. This is because bananas and many root vegetables contain especially high amounts of antioxidant phenolic compounds, while cabbage is rich in sulfur, necessary for effective detoxification of potential carcinogens. Other benefits of bananas include:
- Reducing Depression
- Anemia support
- Constipation and Diarrhea
- Eyesight Protection
- Healthy Bones
- Improving Blood Pressure
- Morning Sickness
- Nerve Health
- Stress Relief
- Decreasing Stroke Risk
- Quitting Smoking
- Brain Health: The anthocyanin, the selenium, the vitamins A, B-complex, C and E, the zinc, sodium, potassium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese etc., among others, can prevent and heal neurotic disorders by preventing degeneration and death of neurons, brain-cells and also by restoring health of the central nervous system. It is hard to believe that these berries can also cure serious problems like Alzheimer’s disease to a great extent. They even heal damaged brain cells and neuron tissues and keep your memory sharp for a long-long time. Researchers found that diets rich in blueberries significantly improved both the learning capacity and motor skills of aging animals, making them mentally equivalent to much younger ones.
- The highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit: Blue Berries, being very rich in anti oxidantslike Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin E, vitamin A, copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial), selenium, zinc, iron (promotes immunity by raising haemoglobin and oxygen concentration in blood) etc. boost up your immune systemand prevent infectionsNeutralizes free radicals which can affect disease and aging in the body
- Aid in reducing Belly Fat
- Reduces risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Helps promote urinary tract health
- Been proved to preserve vision
- Heart Disease: The high fiber content, those brilliant anti oxidants and the ability to dissolve the ‘bad cholesterol’ make the Blue Berry an ideal dietary supplement to cure many heart diseases.
- Allergy relief
- Arthritis support
- Asthma support
- Improved athletic performance and recovery
- Improvement in Alzheimer’s and cognitive disorders
- Anti-aging support
- Rich in antioxidants
- Support and improvement in autoimmune disorders
- Cancer: Animal studies have been suggestive that lactoferrin, one of the principal proteins found in colostrum, may help prevent or shrink cancers. Colostrum also contains certain milk fats which have been shown to be anticarcinogenic. (source)
- Aids in detoxification
- Supports healthy weight loss
- Diabetes: IGF-1, a growth factor which closely resembles insulin, has been shown to help prevent diabetes in those susceptible to developing it. IGF-1 is present in colostrum in large quantities. (source)
- Heart health
- Pain Management
- Skin health and wound healing
If you’re not familiar with Colostrum, I highly recommend adding some to your next superfood smoothie! The taste is very mild (similar to milk) and will combine well with any smoothie recipe. It’s great to have on hand if you are feeling run down, need an extra “boost”, or support with any of the issues listed above.
- A significant increase in energy, endurance and stamina. This makes maca great for athletes and active people in general.
- Maca increases muscular strength. Historically, Incan warriors used the root regularly to boost their strength and prowess in battle.
- Maca both increases libido as and acts as an aphrodisiac. As a result, both fertility and sexual desire are improved after consuming this organic super food Maca.
- Maca helps the body to regulate hormonal processes. It can be used to treat hormonal dysfunctions caused by menopause in women and andropause in men.
- Maca root works as an excellent memory enhancer. Scientific studies shows that it increases the neural activity in the brain.
- Maca helps increase blood circulation in your body. Any condition of anemia is reduced and any wounds in your body heal faster after consuming Maca regularly. Also due to improved circulation, your skin gets a glowing healthy look.
- As an adaptogen, maca helps to regulate and stabilize the various systems in your body such as the lymph system, the circulatory system, the hormonal system, the musculature system etc. Maca goes wherever your body needs the most help.
- Bonus: because of it’s ability to stabilize hormones, maca is can also support emotional healing. People have reported success in using maca to get rid of long standing emotional issues such as anger, depression and powerlessness.
This is a WONDERFUL smoothie for you and your kids. It tastes great while supporting the immune system to help you stay healthy this cold & flu season! Stay tuned, this website is getting a very lovely makeover next week along with 2 new e-books for sale!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blogtwitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!