6 Sexy Side Dishes for Weight Loss
Here are 6 sexy side dishes that are fast, easy, and delicious! Not to mention, they are SUPER nutritious and great for your waistline! There are no rules here. All of these recipes were made “on the fly” meaning I just used whatever I had on hand. Feel free to mix things up by adding/subtracting spices, herbs, etc! NO RULES – that’s what makes it fun!!
1. Easy skillet roasted veggies: Over med-high heat sauté olive oil, minced garlic, onions, sea salt & pepper for 2 mins. Then add chopped veggies. I used red and purple potatoes, carrots, and broccoli. Next, sprinkle with 1tsp fresh rosemary, 1Tbs fresh thyme, and sea salt to taste. Place lid on top and cook covered about 6mins. Then remove lid and cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are slightly browned. Super easy and Delish!
2. Spicy, Garlicky Green Beans: Cook string beans in a large pot of boiling salted water for just 1.5 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When string beans have cooled, drain and set aside. Next, heat a small pat of organic butter in a large saute pan over medium heat and cook 4 cloves minced garlic for about 60 seconds, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned. Then add the string beans and sprinkle with a big pinch of red pepper flakes, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. (Adding some caramelized onions or shallots to this recipe would also be super yummy!) I topped my green beans with a little goat cheese and served with roasted butternut squash. The combo was AMAZING!!
3. Avocado English Muffins: THE perfect lunch or afternoon snack!! Toasted Ezekiel English muffin (They also have gluten-free options. You can find sprouted bread products in the freezer section of your grocery or health food store) smeared with avocado, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and cherry tomatoes. So easy and so good! Nom nom nom nom….
4. Easy Skillet Roasted Brussels: This recipe is so simple. Over med heat add olive oil, minced garlic, salt & pepper. Next add halved Brussels and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cane sugar or a pinch of stevia if you want to keep it sugar free. Cook until brown. These are just slightly sweet and super delish!!
5. Roasted Veggie Burrito Bowl: In a large bowl layer cooked quinoa, black beans, grilled onions, grilled bell peppers, grilled corn, chopped lettuce and tomatoes. Top with a squeeze of lime, salsa, and fresh cilantro. A lovely dish that will satisfy even the biggest of appetites!
6. A little bit of this and that: caramelized onions with chopped brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, and corn. All sautéed over med heat with a little bit of olive oil and seasoned with sea salt, dried parsley, and LOTS of black pepper. So yummy!!
I hope these 6 Sexy Side recipes inspire you and give you the confidence to cook more veggies at home. Most of the time it’s as simple as throwing a few things together that you already have on hand. People often ask me how I always find time to cook. First of all, I make the time. It’s very important to me to have good, home cooked, nutritious meals so I always make it a priority. Also, I make large quantities of multiple dishes ahead of time so during the week I can just throw things together instead of always having to start from scratch.
Another key is stocking up on produce weekly so that you always have veggies on hand. Make sure you also have a nice variety of dried herbs and spices in your pantry. Then when the times comes, you can simply chop up a variety of veggies and add spices! Adding a little white wine and garlic will also intensify the flavors. Remember to HAVE FUN and experiment! The more you cook, the more familiar you will become with your favorite flavor combos! Who knew vegetables could be so sexy!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper right hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!