Staying in Your Power: How To Handle Naysayers

Wednesday, March 21st, 2012

Q & A Wednesday

Today’s VLOG is something that we can all relate to – how to handle the naysayers or the people that try to knock us down. Here are my tips on how to stay strong!!

(Apologies in advance for the poor quality of this video!!)

Mentioned:

Happy Wednesday!! xo

If you are interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching, please click here and here for details on how to get started.

Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper right hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!

motivation nutrition piece of mind self confidence self love videos wellness

17 Responses to “Staying in Your Power: How To Handle Naysayers”

1. Kibby March 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

So refreshing to see your vlog up again! You are so precious! :)

I have to totally agree with you on the “naysayers” subject. In the beginning, I used to take it all personally and get defensive trying to explain where I was coming from when questioned or dissed about my new way of eating. Well, two years later, I am where you are at. I talk to people openly, honestly and from my heart – Wow! What a difference it makes. It is so freeing to “let it go” so to speak and focus on myself and what works for me. I am more open in other ways in my life by being confident in myself and choices – knowing that I feel amazing, energetic and happy. With that shift in perspective, thought and attitude, it has actually brought people towards me looking for healthier choices and talking to me about it. Interesting!

Love seeing your kitty grace the screen with her presence. She’s just doing her thing. :)

Purchased the Detox-ND from Premier Research Labs per your recommendation and have been doing great! Thanks for the advice! You are the best and some one who truly cares.

Have a great day!
    XOXO
    Kibby

• Linda March 26, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

So glad you are feeling better Kibby!!

Yes, Magnolia does enjoy being on camera ;)
      Are you going to join us for the 10 day Cleanse? http://www.cleanseamerica.com ?

• Kibby March 26, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Just emailed you with a question before I commit. Talk with you soon.

2. Anonymous March 21, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Love the vlogs! This is a GREAT one! So pertinent. Much enjoyed. XOXO ~Kibby

3. Anonymous March 21, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

really enjoyed this one!

4. Janice March 21, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Thank you so much for addressing this subject! I have had to deal with this as recently as this afternoon. I love the support you give us to deal with these nay-sayers. I will not allow anyone to steal my power….what I put into my body is my business. I love when someone is curious and really interested in my plant based diet…it’s fun to explain it and watch their reaction and enthusiasm.

• Linda March 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm #

YES Janice! Do what’s right for YOU!!

5. Natasha Simonsen March 21, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

Great Advice!! I especially love how you said we should explain to people how we feel – how can they argue with that?!

• Linda March 26, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

Natasha, I agree, I’ve found that being open and honest and sharing the way we feel is usually produces the best outcome!

6. LizAshlee March 22, 2012 at 7:36 am #

So true..great vlog…we just need to stay strong and inspire them!

7. Marleena @ The Flex Foodie March 22, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Such an inspirational vlog! If only those naysayers could actually watch this! : )

• Linda March 26, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

so true Marleena!

8. Caroline March 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm #

I would have also added something like this. If someone is calling her a “Food Nazi” she should ask directly that they please stop calling her that. Or, she could do something subliminally such as saying….”I’m actually a Food Goddess, I know what foods make me feel great, and it’s better than cake, cookies and pie!!”

• Linda March 26, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

“Food Goddess” ….I like that :)

9. Daniella April 23, 2012 at 6:49 am #

Wow, this is a fantastic video! Thanks for sharing that with us. I find the office is the most difficult. There’s always someone who makes a comment if you’re not enjoying pizza day, or eating the halloween candy, or drinking a green smoothie. Food Nazi is a little harsh to be called that everyday, but it’s true, they’re just insecure and probably a little jealous. Keep up your healthy eating habits I say!

• Linda April 24, 2012 at 7:30 pm #