Chocolate Cherry Bomb
This smoothie is inspired by Megan’s Cherry Chocolate Bomb pudding. Although I wasn’t in the mood for pudding, I am definitely loving my superfood smoothies lately! Especially since my schedule is SUPER busy over the next 2 weeks, I need food that’s easy to make and gives me that extra “oompf” I need to get things done! This smoothie does just that! It’s loaded with antioxidants and is also super immune boosting thanks in part to the added Colostrum Powder!
The benefits of Colostrum include but are not limited to:
- Allergy relief
- Arthritis support
- Asthma support
- Improved athletic performance and recovery
- Improvement in Alzheimer’s and cognitive disorders
- Anti-aging support
- Rich in antioxidants
- Support and improvement in autoimmune disorders
- Cancer: Animal studies have been suggestive that lactoferrin, one of the principal proteins found in colostrum, may help prevent or shrink cancers. Colostrum also contains certain milk fats which have been shown to be anticarcinogenic. (source)
- Aids in detoxification
- Supports healthy weight loss
- Diabetes: IGF-1, a growth factor which closely resembles insulin, has been shown to help prevent diabetes in those susceptible to developing it. IGF-1 is present in colostrum in large quantities. (source)
- Heart health
- Pain Management
- Skin health and wound healing
If you’re not familiar with Colostrum, I highly recommend adding some to your next superfood smoothie! The taste is very mild (similar to milk) and will combine well with any smoothie recipe. It’s great to have on hand if you are feeling run down, need an extra “boost”, or support with any of the issues listed above.
Chocolate Cherry Bomb Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 2/3 cup frozen cherries
- 2 Tbs Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Acai Powder
- 1 tsp Colostrum Powder
- 1-2 dropperfuls Vanilla Stevia to taste
- 1/2 – 1 cup water or almond milk (adjust as needed for desired consistency)
Simply blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. I use a VitaMixVitaMix and highly recommend investing in one if you are ready to make serious changes to your diet. I have had mine for almost 5 years and use it daily! If you’re not ready to drop that kind of cash, I also like Hamilton Beach which makes some great budget friendly blenders that you can get at your local Walmart or Target.
Where to get your superfoods: Most of you know that I purchase most everything through iherb.com! They’ve got the best prices and fast shipping – they ship to over 180 countries, including APO addresses! Feel free to use my discount code WAG472 to get $5 OFF your first order + free shipping on orders of $20 or more!!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper right hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!