Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Monday, October 17th, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Raw chocolate pumpkin spice smoothie, so good!

People often ask me what my favorite “weight loss” smoothie is. I don’t know if I could pick just one as my moods tend to shift from time to time – sometimes I’ll want a green smoothie and sometimes I’ll desire something a little more desserty like a Chocolate Milkshake.  I love the rich chocolaty flavor without the guilt!! Lately I’ve been feeling inspired by fall flavors so I decided to add a little seasonal twist to this recipe.

You’ll need:

Simply add all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Voilà!  The perfect breakfast or snack that takes just a few mins to make and helps you stay on track with your weight loss!

I make all my smoothies using a VitaMix which is a super awesome, state of the art, amazing, must have high speed blender. They are the ONLY blender that will get you the creamy consistency that you desire.  I love, love, LOVE my VitaMix and highly recommend investing in one if you are ready to make serious changes to your diet. I have had mine for almost 5 years and use it daily! If you’re not ready to drop that kind of cash, Hamilton Beach makes some great budget friendly blenders that you can get at your local Walmart or Target.

I’ve been loving this smoothie for breakfast, as a snack, and when I’m on the go. I hope you like it as much as I do!! If you’ve been making any fun smoothie combinations I’d love to hear about them! I am always looking for interesting ways to add a little “twist” to my favorite recipes!

I always order my Vanilla Stevia and Chocolate Powder through iherb.com they have the best prices and super fast delivery! Feel free to use my discount code WAG472 to get $5-$10 off your first order :)

Looking for a fast easy detox plan? I’ve got everything you need to get started! Check out my step by step programs here.

Interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching with Linda? Click here and here for details on how to get started.

Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!

banana chocolate dairy-free dessert easy recipes hot body kid friendly raw food real food recipes smoothies vegan vegetarian weight loss

24 Responses to “Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Smoothie”

1. mary dotson October 17, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

I love this milkshake, but my health insurance coach says that it gives me too many servings of fruit.

• Linda October 17, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

The only fruit is from the bananas. So you can cut down to using just 1 or use avo instead!

2. Manette Gutterman October 17, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

Thanks for the recipe and the discount! I need to order!

3. Teresa October 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

I was wondering how many calories are in the shakes?

• Linda October 18, 2011 at 11:21 am #

Hi Teresa,
      The calorie count will depend on ingredients and the quantities you decide to use.
      I don’t count calories, quite frankly they don’t matter if you are eating mineral dense foods! If you need to know, there are several online calorie counters that are very easy to use like fitday.com

Enjoy!

4. yummy supper October 18, 2011 at 9:58 am #

Linda, your shake looks delish! Bananas, chocolate, almonds, with a little spice thrown in…. sign me up:)
    -Erin

5. Yadsia @ShopCookMake October 18, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Can I add pumpkin puree as well?

• Linda October 18, 2011 at 11:25 am #

Hi Yadsia, absolutely!! I thought about that or sweet potato in stead of banana but went with banana since it was easier…I think either one would be delicious!!

6. erin @WELL in L.A. October 19, 2011 at 1:08 am #

YUM! Thank you for sharing the idea to add chocolate goodness to a seasonal favorite! I use dates instead of stevia (can’t quite get past the after-taste!).

7. LizAshlee October 20, 2011 at 7:47 am #

Just found your blog…love!! I love drinking all types of smoothies…green…and lately the pumpkin spice has been on my radar a lot!!

Have a great day! :)

8. Alicia December 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

I LOVE this idea! I’ve been wanting something special for the holidays to substitue all those pumpkin spice lattes. Thank you so much for sharing! I’m going to check out the wesite you listed as well :)

9. Rebecca T December 10, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

So is the recipe equal to one serving? All 32 oz for one serving? Just wondering. Planning on trying this soon!

• Linda December 12, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Yes 32oz is one serving but you can also split it up too. Have as much or as little as you need to feel full!

10. Cheryl Echevarria January 23, 2012 at 5:26 am #

Linda:

Just received the cocoa powder, OMG, it is so good, I have been drinking the Green Smoothies as well, my husband has some this weekend as well, he loves it.

I don’t know if it is the smoothies or not but I have so much energy. Take care.

• Linda January 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

Hi Cheryl,

Oh yeaaaaaaaah!! The chocolate powder is tha bomb!! So good! ;)
      And yes, smoothies do result in high ENERGYYYYYYYYYY!!! xo

11. Jennifer February 4, 2012 at 10:16 am #

Hi Linda I Love your Blog! Thank you for it! I am allergic to nuts what can I do instead of almond milk?

Thanks
    Jen

• Linda February 4, 2012 at 11:39 am #

You could use oat milk or rice milk. If you want to make oat milk, the process is the same as Almond Milk!! :)

12. kelly March 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Just started dinking the green smoothie……love it…..and I love your website …..how many bananas are too many….I was always under the impression that they were a “fattening ” fruit……

• Linda March 26, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

Hi Kelly,
      don’t worry about the bananas. It all comes down to digestion and how easily food can move through the body. An 80 cal processed snack food and a banana are similar in calories but VERY different in terms of digestion!!

13. Amy Weis April 29, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

I was wondering if you could give me extra ideas about chocolate powder!
    Thanks

14. Demmy ornelas September 19, 2012 at 4:06 am #

Hi Linda,
    I’m 15 years old and trying to lose weight and I was wondering with this shake how much weight can I lose.
    Thanks :)

15. Tawni Miller October 30, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Hi Linda–what brand of Chocolate Powder do you use? There are several on iherb.com. Thx:)

16. Erin October 30, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

Demmy,
    I know you were talking to Linda, but at 15 years old you’re probably still growing some, so I hope you don’t spend too much time thinking about weight and more time thinking about being healthy and happy. This sounds like a really healthy shake, but there are lots of other things that are really good for you too. Even if you are overweight, focus on eating the foods that make you feel the best and give you long-term energy. The weight will come off seemingly without effort then, but you won’t depress yourself thinking about how much you weigh. This is what has worked best for me. I’m 21 now, and I can say that I truly feel much better about my body than I did in high school. I hate thinking about numbers–either pounds or calories. It feels so restrictive. I definitely feel more freedom when I step off the scale and just try to live a healthy lifestyle.
    Much love,