You Gotta Try This!
The following blog post and pictures are all by the healthy dessert queen, KatieCHOCOLATE-COVERED KATIE:
You must make this!
I don’t mean to be bossy (although, as an older sister, I have lots of practice!). It’s just, this might be my #1 favorite recipe of all the recipes I’ve ever posted.
Remember my Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake?
You’ve probably all seen it by now, because I can’t stop raving about how much I love it. What’s not to love: Chocolate? Check. Banana? Check. Surprisingly-healthy, vegan, and sugar-free? Check check check.
I still *heart* the chocolate-banana version, but—if possible—I *heart* the following version even more:
Chocolate-Raspberry Fudge Cake
(No need for a blender!)
- 80g raspberries (2/3cup)
- 3T cocoa powder (16g)
- 4T Artisana Coconut Butter (or Homemade Coconut Butter)
- Scant 1/16th tsp salt
- Sweetener: I like 5g agave, but my testers like 1 1/2 to 2T (20-30g)
Melt your coconut butter, then add the raspberries (I like to use frozen/thawed berries and melt them a little too) and other ingredients. Mash until it’s completely smooth, like chocolate butter. (If you wish, you can use a blender, but I never do. I just put it all in a Magic Bullet short cup and mash with a spoon.
Use as butter, or fridge/freeze. (If you freeze, be sure to thaw before eating.)
See original fudge cake post for Nutritional Information
(This version probably has fewer calories because raspberries aren’t as calorically-dense as bananas… but what’s a calorie-count anyway, if not an estimate?)
1. Can’t find coconut butter? Many people have left comments or emails saying this does work with coconut oil.
2. Don’t like banana? Use unripe banana in the Chocolate-Banana Cake recipe. It won’t taste like banana at all! Or use this new chocolate-raspberry version.
3. Don’t like coconut? The recipe has no coconutty taste whatsoever.
4. Don’t like fat? This recipe only has healthy fats (none of those artery-clogging trans fats), and some fat is needed for a healthy diet. Plus, this fudge cake is so rich that you won’t want to eat a humungo slice.
So no more excuses: Make the Raw Fudge Cake as soon as possible, because it is that good.
If you want a totally guilt free version, try using Stevia instead of Agave. A delicious and healthy way to enjoy chocolate cake, so eat your heart out baby!!