One of my absolute favorite things is a Green Smoothie. It’s a fast, easy, and delicious way to get a big dose of vitamins and minerals, plus it tastes FANTASTIC!!
Don’t let the color’s fool you!! It is sweet and filling – even the kids love it!! They love to name it the “Monster Smoothie” or “Shreck Smoothie” or some other fun name but believe me, kids go crazy for it!! And it’s a great way to sneak in some powerful green nutrition into their diet.
Glowing Green Smoothie
It’s super fast to make and a great breakfast or snack option, especially for people on the go and those looking to lose weight. It takes about 1 min to make, literally!!
This recipe is super simple. All you need is a blender and the following ingredients:
- 1-2 bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- a couple handfuls of spinach
Add just enough water to blend and enjoy, that’s it! Forget the dehydrating morning latte and get the glow with a Green Smoothie instead.
I’ve have clients who have literally changed their lives just by adding Green Smoothies into their routine. Great for weight loss, digestive health, supporting the immune system, and as a healthy and filling snack. After a couple of weeks you’ll have that ‘Glow’ – glowing skin, hair, nails, even eyes get brighter! Who doesn’t want that?!
Try any combo you like, all you need is a base of bananas, fruit of your choice and a couple handfuls of your favorite green (I like spinach as it has a really mild flavor that blends well). Go ahead, try it, I know you want to!! It may just change your life!!
Green Smoothie FAQ:
- People always ask me what kind of blender I use and recommend. I make all my smoothies using a VitaMix which is a super awesome, state of the art, amazing, must have high speed blender. They are the ONLY blender that will get you the creamy consistency that you desire. I love, love, LOVE my VitaMix and highly recommend investing in one if you are ready to make serious changes to your diet. I have had mine for almost 5 years and use it daily! If you’re not ready to drop that kind of cash, Hamilton BeachWalmart or Target.
- If you can not do bananas for any reason simply leave it out or substitute any other fruit you like. If you want a creamier consistency, you can substitute avocado or coconut meat/flakes instead of the banana.
- If you cannot have the fruits listed, simply use any fruits that you CAN have. Same goes for the spinach. If you can’t use spinach, you can substitute any green leafy vegetable of your choice; swiss chard, kale, romaine, arugula, etc. The basic recipe is fruit + greens + water.
- If you want the smoothie to be BRIGHT green as pictured, use only lighter colored fruits like pineapple, green grapes, kiwi, green apples, yellow raspberries, pear, orange, etc. If you add darker fruits like strawberries, cherries, etc your smoothie will turn out to be more of a brown color – still DELICIOUS, just not as vibrantly green as in the pictures above.
- Can I add yogurt or milk to my green smoothie? I am a firm believer in proper food combining. Dairy does not combine well with fruit and will cause fermentation, yeast, digestive issues, and will not aid in weight loss. That’s the reason I don’t recommend adding yogurt or any other dairy products. Believe me, you will be satisfied with the smoothies, the recipe will make about a quart which will definitely fill you up!!
- If you have blood sugar issues, use avocado and/or coconut meat/flakes and semi-sweet fruits like grapefruit, berries, green apples, and add stevia to taste. I strongly recommend purchasing through iherb.com. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE iherb!! They’ve got the lowest prices ANYWHERE (often up to 40% below retail) and I can get absolutely anything I need from supplements & superfoods to shampoo, facial cleanser, bath salts and laundry detergent – you name it, they’ve got it!! I love you guys, so please feel free to use my discount code WAG472 to get $5 – $10OFF your first order + free shipping!
- If you are constantly rushing out the door in the morning, you can make your smoothies the night before. They will last in the fridge for up to 24hrs.
- If you are REALLY pressed for time, you can make all your green smoothies for the week then freeze them. Each night remove one and let thaw on the counter or in the fridge so that the next morning it’s ready to go.
- This recipe will make approximately 32 ounces. You can have as little or as much as you need to feel full!
- A lot of people ask how many calories are in the Green Smoothie. I don’t EVER worry about calories! When you’re eating whole foods, especially raw unprocessed fruits and vegetables, you don’t have to!! That’s what is SO LIBERATING about it!! If you must know, you can use an online calculator like fitday.com but know that those details don’t matter when you’re eating whole foods! I go into a lot more detail about this in my one-on-one sessions if you’re interested in learning and understanding more
- 1-2 bananas
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- ½ cup frozen mango
- a couple handfuls of spinach
- Add just enough water to blend and enjoy, that's it!
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!